Here you will get the rundown of the best electric GreenWorks lawn mower, why it is the best and why some customers were not so happy…
Have you always owned a gas lawn mower? Are you annoyed with the regular maintenance, refuelling, loud noise and fumes?
Yes – well, Greenworks makes electric lawn mowers that are quiet, require no maintenance and are now powerful enough to deal with any residential lawn.
Greenworks is a brand that manufactures and sells electric garden tools, electric pressure washers and electric air compressors in stores such as: Sears, Lowes, Home Depot and Amazon.com.
They make cordless battery powered mowers that last nearly 1 hour 30 minutes on 1 charge and also the corded electric type that you have probably seen around your neighbourhood.
GreenWorks’ Best Lawn Mower For Most People Is Their Dual Cutting Blade Cordless Electric
Greenworks has optimized mow time with their top mower. You will be able to mow for 1.5 hours before recharging. This ensures no frustrating mid mow recharge.
How did they do it?
A split system:
- 2x 10 inch cutting blades
- 2x electric motors
- 2x lithium ion batteries.
This split system design allows for a more efficient use of power while keeping the batteries small and the mower lightweight.
How light? This mower is 50 pounds, which also happens to be half the weight of the other popular cordless mowers. If you are ready to free yourself from the constraints of gasoline and the constraints of an electric cord then why not enter the new age of mowing with this high-tech cordless lithium-ion battery powered lawn mower?
Benefits of the Best Greenworks Lawn Mower
Watch this video by Greenworks to find out the advantages of their cordless mower:
Environmentally Friendly Product
All Greenworks brand product are electric powered and have no emissions.
Electric power has the advantage of not requiring tiny explosions to occur to do mechanical work. Gas engines have many moving parts and that just means more risk of failure – and more maintenance to ensure it doesn’t fail.
Your electric mower will require small maintenance now and again but nothing close compared to combustion engines.
Again – no need for tiny explosions so less vibration. An electric mower is about as loud as a vacuum cleaner. A petrol mower is as loud as a small motorbike or belt sander – hearing protection required.
Can Mow Most Lawns on 1 Battery Charge
The Greenworks cordless mower comes with 2 batteries: 1x 4Ah and 1x 2Ah. If you upgrade the 2Ah to a 4Ah ($130) you’ll get an extra 20 – 30 minutes of mow time. Another added benefit of the lithium-ion battery technology is that it charges to 100% in only 2 hours in a regular electric household wall outlet.
Easy to Push Up Slopes
With larger rear wheels and a weight of only 50 pounds this mower could be handled with ease by your wife or teenage son. It is not self propelled but that would just drain the battery anyways.
What Unhappy Customers Say
80.4% of customers rate the best Greenworks mower 5/5 or 4/5 stars. But there were a minority 7.8% that gave it 1/5. Here’s why:
- June D. has the voted 2nd most helpful review, and she says,”[…] produces very rugged cut, even after several passes […] blades do not overlap to produce a clean 20″ cut […] offers NO PROTECTION from rolling back over your toes […] rubber handle cover [rips] […] I would not recommend this to a friend.”
- Steve has the top voted 1 star review, and he says,”[…] mower was simple to set up […] all went well at first. Plenty of power and very lightweight […] I mowed about a 20 Sq Ft section and turned the mower off the check the bag. When I went to start up again, the motor started up, ran for a couple of seconds and promptly shut back down […] I tried calling the company and got voicemail. Not return call […] submitted a service request […] response was. “where do you live, we can refer you to a repair facility” […] no troubleshooting […] returned the mower and went and bought a corded electric mower.”
Thoughts: June and Steve were not happy for different reasons. It seems that Steve received a mower was had a fault not picked up in quality control and then was unhappy with the customer service. June was unhappy mostly because she expected more from her ~$350 purchase. However, she does mention that she should have got the single blade heavier cordless mower from Greenworks. I suppose all you can say to that is make sure you know what you want. This mower optimizes lightweight and length of mow time over all else.
The best Greenworks mower for most people frees you from a cord and the noise and maintenance of a petrol mower.
Next time you are mowing and your wife yells, “do you want a beer?” you will be able to hear her. And once you finish mowing, you won’t feel tired – because pushing a 50 pound mower around is not hard.
Sources And Further Reading
2. Greenworks products are manufactured in China by Globe Tools and sold as Greenworks by Sunrise Global Marketing LLC. Sunrise is Globe Tools’ North American “umbrella” company, essentially. If you wanted you could buy Greenworks products wholesale from China off Alibaba.com.
3. Always like to check out what other publications have to say about pros and cons of the different types of mowers. For this page I took some notes from the electric mower page on toptenreviews.com.