Here you will learn 3 cool facts about the Husqvarna brand, the 3 best Husqvarna mowers for most people and what some customers have to say – good and bad…
They weren’t always a power equipment company though. They have a lengthy history of manufacturing seemingly unrelated products.
Three cool facts about Husqvarna, the company:
- Husqvarna started out in 1689 making rifles. That was their sole business until 1872 when they added sewing machines to their product catalog.
- Started making manual push lawn mowers in 1919 (engine power followed in the late 1940s) and created the first solar powered robotic lawn mower in 1995.
- Named after the Huskvarna region of Sweden. Formerly it was its own city.
One of their most profitable products is lawn mowers – let’s look at their 3 best for most people.
Husqvarna’s 3 Best Push Mowers
Even though it’s not self propelled it only weighs 55 pounds so pushing it through thick wet grass or up slopes should not be a problem. And its soft grip handle is adjustable to ensure you or your teenage son can comfortably mow the lawn.
Other perks include the larger rear wheels for tighter turning around garden beds, 6 cutting heights so you can cut taller grass with ease first pass and fold down handle to make storing under your work bench simple.
Self Propelled Front Wheels, Briggs & Stratton Engine
2) Husqvarna Self Propelled 22-Inch 140cc Briggs & Stratton Powered Push Mower
If you prefer self propelled then this model mower – Husqvarna HU550F – may suit your needs better.
It is powered by the 140cc Briggs & Stratton 550EX engine, which has 25% less torque than the Honda, but should have no problems mowing your residential lawn.
This mower is second best because although it is cheaper than #1 it is 26 pounds heavier and does not have the larger rear wheels for easier turning in tight spots. The front wheel self propulsion will assist moving that extra weight up slopes, and so this mower is still a great option.
- See full specs here…
3) Husqvarna 5521P 21-Inch 140cc Briggs & Stratton Power Push Mower
Third pick in the Husqvarna mowers product range is the most affordable option. It is basically the same mower as #1 but with a Briggs engine instead of Honda.
It has options for side discharge, mulching and bagging. It is lightweight like #1 so your wife or teenage son can do the mowing for a change.
If you are looking to get a reliable mower for a very affordable price then check out this option.
- See current price here…
Benefits of the Best Husqvarna Mowers
Watch this 2 minute 27 second video outlining why Husqvarna mowers are a good choice:
All 3 Husqvarna mowers mentioned above are top performers against electric mowers and also against the other gas powered mower brands.
All 3 continuously rank in the top 20 most popular push mowers on Amazon.
Whether you want a self propelled mower for easier mowing of thick grass and sloped lawns, or the reliability of a Honda engine – Husqvarna brand push mowers have 3 top options to choose from.
1. Previous research conducted for this website’s best mowers page and petrol mower page were used to gather information on the best Husqvarna mower – the 7021P. Check out the best Lawn-Boy brand mower here (Lawn-Boy is a Toro Company brand).
2. The Husqvarna Group Wikipedia page was used to learn the history of the company and learn the cool facts included above.