You want a lawn service company in California that will get and keep your grass healthy, be professional and have affordable services…
…But finding a company that is all 3 is difficult. So we did the research so you don’t have to. The companies listed here are well reviewed, insured, and licensed to make the process of getting your lawn healthy a cinch.
And below the best contractor listing are tips to growing a healthy lawn in California without the professional service fee.
The Best Lawn Care Companies in 5 Different Areas of California:
Best Lawn Care Services in Los Angeles (Orange County)
Company: Generation Landscape
Contact: (818) 421 – 2885 or email: email@example.com
Cost: $100 minimum. You can request a free estimate for your job on their website.
About The Company: The recommended lawn care service in LA is Generation Landscape Inc., which is a family run business owned and operated since 1985. They can do residential and commercial landscaping, tree services and lawn and garden maintenance.
Location: They service the Greater LA area.
Best Lawn Care Services in San Diego
Company: Four Seasons Lawn Aeration Inc.
Contact: 619 – 299 – 2956
Cost: $85 minimum up to 1,000 square foot lawn.
About The Company: The recommended company for the San Diego area is Four Seasons Lawn Aeration Inc. because they have endless great reviews across third party sites. The can sort out your lawn and get it looking great in no time and for an affordable price.
Best Lawn Care Services in San Jose
Company: Quality Green Landscaping & Gardening
Contact: (669) – 228 – 3221 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: Depends on the service you require. Call for more information.
About The Company: The recommended company for the San Jose is Quality Green as they offer the services and professionalism you need. They have a full range of services and even have 2D and 3D landscape design services so you can plan out your perfect outdoor space.
Best Lawn Care Services in San Francisco
Company: Bloom & Lawn Landscape
Contact: (650) – 302 – 4483
Cost: $200 minimum for landscape and lawn maintenance.
About The Company: The recommended company for San Francisco is Bloom & Lawn because they have the best reviews on Google reviews, Yelp and Thumbtack. They offer hardscaping, landscaping and maintenance services. They can handle your project from start to finish and can even do retaining walls, driveways, irrigation and design.
Best Lawn Care Services in Fresno
Company: Weed Man
Contact: (559) – 266 – 1624
Cost: No min. Get quote: (https://fresno.weedman.com/request-a-quote)
About The Company: Weed Man is a large company with franchises in each city. The Fresno contractors are particularly good and we recommend them for your lawn care and lawn mowing needs.
Want to do the work yourself?
Read below to find out how to keep a grass lawn in California.
How to Maintain Healthy Green Grass in California
Depending where you live in California you can grow cool, transitional or warm season grasses. And caring for your lawn is dependant on the type of grass you have.
- Importance of Soil in California: Soil anywhere you want a lush lawn is important. California will often have drought so you’ll need tolerance for that. having a soil which retains moisture is key.
- California Grass Types: Fescue, St Augustine, Bermuda, Zoysia.
- Mowing Needs: All grasses in California should be mowed so as to remove 1/3 the grass height at a time. So if you want 2 inch grass – mow it when it reaches 3 inches.
- Water Needs: All California grasses are drought resistant and will survive on minimal water. If you have the luxury to water beyond natural rainfall it will absorb the water quick and retain it long.
- Other Maintenance Needs: Nil.
Sources And Useful Links California
2. Back to State Map: Lawn Mowing Services USA Database
3. California Mowing and Lawn Care Associations: California Landscape Contractors Association