The type of grass you use in Massachusetts is the most important factor in having a lawn your neighbors are jealous of.
Give the challenging climate of long winters and humid summers…
- Knowing when to fertilize
- If you need to add top soil
- If you need to put down multiple types of grass or not
…Can be a challenging task.
Unless you hire a lawn care company to do the work for you. The below landscape contractors are the best in the state and have the experience to look after your lawn for you.
The Best Lawn Care Service Companies in 5 Different Areas of Massachusetts
Best Lawn Care Services in Boston
Company: Lawn Care Plus, Inc.
Contact: 617-592-9185 or email: email@example.com
Cost: Contact for free estimate
About The Company: The recommended lawn care company for Boston is Lawn Care Plus because they do good work at an affordable price. They offer a full range of landscaping services and snow removal in the winter.
Best Lawn Care Services in Worcester
Company: Great Care Lawn Service
Cost: Call for free quote
About The Company: Great Care Lawn Service is the recommended contractor for Worcester because they have great reviews on third party sites like Yelp, Angies List and Google Reviews. With a full offering of landscape services they are a one stop shop for getting your lawn the best it can be. Give them a call if you’re in the area.
Best Lawn Care Services in Springfield
Company: Basic Lawn Care
Cost: Get free quote from website
About The Company: Call Basic Lawn Care if you live in Springfield, MA and require the best lawn maintenance at an affordable price. They have great testimonials from many past customers who say they do a fantastic job and were professional arriving on time.
Best Lawn Care Services in Cambridge
Company: Truly Lawn
Cost: Get cost estimate from website signup form
About The Company: The recommended lawn care contractor is Truly Lawn because they offer the full range of service you will need to get the best lawn possible. Truly Lawn has been taking care of people’s lawn in the Cambridge area for many years and know exactly the type of seed and fertilizer to use for the area.
Best Lawn Care Services in Lowell
Company: Caroll Lawn Care
Cost: Call to request a cost estimate
About The Company: Caroll Lawn Care will get your lawn into tip top shape in now time. Book in an appointment to have them come check out your lawn and suggest next steps to improving your home’s curb appeal and getting everything to the best it can be.
How To Grow And Maintain Healthy Grass in Massachusetts
Cool season grasses paired with warm season grasses are the best option. They team up to give you the best of both worlds. Durability and growing year round (depending on the grass – one will go dormant while the other is thriving).
- Importance of Soil in Massachusetts: Perform a soil test to see what nutrients are needed and what pH balancing is needed.
- Massachusetts Grass Types: Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, fine fescue, zoysia, tall fescue.
- Mowing Needs: Mow 1/3 the grass height at a time. Adjust your mower deck height as needed.
- Water Needs: Water weekly in the summer months.
- Other Maintenance Needs: Aeration will do wonders for the soil and thus lawn.
Sources And Useful Links Massachusetts
- Similar States: New Hampshire, Connecticut, New York
- Back to State Map: Lawn mowing services
- Massachusetts Mowing and Lawn Care Associations: Massachusetts Association of Lawn Care Professionals